Giving everyone a voice and showing them the world.
Creativity, self-expression, connectedness, inclusiveness.
Friendly, human, positive, for everybody, creative, fun.
1. “#YouTubeBlack Voices | Introducing The UK Creator Class Of 2022″ (2022)
2. “Introducing The Shorter Side Of YouTube” (2021)
3. “YouTube Music: Open The World of Music” (2018)
4. YouTube Music “Alex’s Theme” (2016)
5. “Meet YouTube Red” (2015)
6. “The A-Z Of YouTube: Celebrating 10 Years” (2015)
“Our mission is to give everyone a voice and show them the world.
We believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share and build community through our stories.”
The first ever video uploaded on YouTube was posted by Jawed Karim, one of the YouTube co-founders. It’s called “Me at the zoo” and is still available to watch online. 
1. Adweek on YouTube’s strategy of scaling down Originals
M. Cahillane, “YouTube Significantly Scales Back Originals Slate As Chief Susanne Daniels Exits”, Adweek, Jan 2022,
2. Ad Age on YouTube’s efforts to attract TV advertisers
G. Sloane, “Inside YouTube’s Struggle To Win Tv Ad Dollars”, Ad Age, Aug 2021,
3. Bloomberg on how YouTube is trying to help creators earn more
L. Shaw, “YouTube Is Offering A Talent Option To Sell Subscriptions”, Bloomberg, Jun 2018,
4. Interview with YouTube’s CMO
S. Vizard, “The Challenge Of Marketing YouTube”, Marketing Week, Jul 2016,