Effecting positive change for cities by offsetting carbon emissions.
Sustainability, togetherness, accessibility, convenience.
Casual, welcoming, for everybody, friendly, human, playful.
“Let’s ride. Again. Let’s human. Again.”
“Rides in Minutes”
1. “Saying Hello In 2021 | How To Human” (2021)
2. “What Is Prop 22 | California Drivers” (2020)
3. “Nope/Yep” (2018)
4. “So, What’s Ridesharing?” (2018)
5. “Riding is the New Driving” (2016)
6. “New Year, New Lyft” (2015)
“Lyft was founded in 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation, and is available to approximately 95 percent of the United States population as well as select cities in Canada. Lyft is committed to effecting positive change for our cities by offsetting carbon emissions from all rides, and by promoting transportation equity through shared rides, bikeshare systems, electric scooters, and public transit partnerships.“
Lyft was launched as a short distance service of Zimride, a long distance carsharing start-up founded by Logan Green. The name Zimride comes from the combination of two words: “Zimbabwe” and “ride” and was inspired by the minivan sharing system in Zimbabwe.
1. Marketing Dive on the “How to Human” campaign
N. Koltun, “Lyft Depicts Reopening Learning Curve In ‘How Io Human’ Ads”, Marketing Dive, May 2021,
2. Adweek on Lyft’s new look
K. Monllos, “Lyft’s Poppy, Colorful New Look, Signature Font And Icons Are Meant To Energize The Growing Brand”, Adweek, May 2018,
3. Bloomberg on how Lyft is building its market share
E. Newcomer, “Lyft Is Gaining On Uber As It Spends Big For Growth”, Bloomberg, Apr 2016,
4. How Lyft is different from Uber
A. Shahani, “In The Battle Between Lyft And Uber, The Focus Is On Drivers”, NPR, Jan 2016,